Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Taylor's 1st Plane Ride

This picture was before we took off, and should have warned me how the trip was gonna go!!
Unpacking the most important things;-)

So Dan is in Colorado for work and we decided to fly out and see him. First of all, huge thanks to Amanda for the suitcase and Chrissy for the ride to the airport. You girls saved me some cash so I didn't have to park or buy another large suitcase.

Overall, the ride out could have been worse. I thought Taylor would take her bottle when we took off (whole reason for a late flight), and sleep the whole time. But she had other plans. She stood on my lap the whole time and played peek-a-boo with the people behind us through the seats. THANK GOD everyone around us must have been parents themselves, and thought she was just adorable.

She ended up taking 15 ounces of formula in 2 hours and 30 minutes. I thought for sure she was gonna have one of those "massive explosions" that only happens when you can't get them to a bathroom or didn't bring extra clothes. It was kinda funny that she fell asleep 2 times, for exactly 10 minutes, then woke up with the biggest smile ready to go for another round. She had 2 breakdowns that only lasted maybe 1 minute, when I would try and get her to sit.

Trent, of course, just played his game and screamed once, telling Taylor to SHUT UP!! Once he was looking out the window and said, "Hey mom, look at that airplane!" There is something about being in the air and looking out the window to see another plane fly by that is just weird!

We finally got there, and I swear it was like seeing Jesus with a light shining down on him when I saw Dan!!! LOL I was never so glad to see my husband.




No comments:

Post a Comment