Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ice Storm 2011

Well, as everyone knows, we had an ice storm. I have never seen one like it! We had INCHES of ice that covered the roads, tree's, and basically anything else that is outside! Dan ended up staying in a hotel next to work because the night before, it took him over 2 hours to get home! That means......yep.....Kala at home with the kids!!!! They were ready to kill each other and I ran out of things for them to do about half way through the first day!!! I cranked the heat up, just in case electric went out, our house would be extra warm. haha! I also had plenty of snacks and sandwich stuff on hand just in case we couldn't cook. THANK THE LORD we didn' t lose power.

I wouldn't care if I never saw ice again! It almost makes me hate ice cubes! I love to go out, and just the fact of not being able to go somewhere if I wanted too, that just killed me. However, we all survived. Here are a few pics of the kids just hanging out while being trapped inside. Taylor discovered a love for sunglasses and Trent enjoyed watching some inspector gadget. I also took a few pics of the ice once it started.







1 comment:

  1. At first when I read your blog I thought you were going to say that you ran out of the house when they ran out of things to do! Ha! And cranking up the heat in the house in case of losing electricity...brilliant! Why didn't I think of that...seriously! Anytime you want to go go go...I am with you sister! I love to be out and about too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete